There’s something in my sssss-neakers! Unbelievable photo shows deadly 4ft tiger snake lurking in trainer

This unbelievable photo shows a deadly 4ft tiger snake lurking inside a size 13 men’s trainer.

Belinda Meloury was horrified to discover the venomous serpent coiled inside partner Sam Nott’s shoe after he left it outside their back door in Glenburn, Victoria, Australia, on Monday [March 12].

The shocked mum-of-two said she couldn’t believe the tiger snake – one of Australia’s most dangerous animals due to its aggressive nature, toxic venom and forceful bite – had fitted inside the shoe.

Pic by Caters News 

Belinda, 36, said: “I was in the kitchen when I heard my dog growl and realised something was wrong.

“I went out to the back door and saw it, but at first I thought it was a blue-tongued lizard because we get those a lot here, so I wasn’t bothered at all.

“When I realised it was a snake, then I was worried.

“Black tiger snakes are extremely venomous, it was pretty scary.

“How it got itself inside Sam’s shoe was actually pretty amazing. Only that one part of its belly was hanging out, the rest couldn’t be seen.

“When it came out of the trainer it was 4ft long, we were so shocked to think it had fitted inside there.

Pic by Caters News

“I am 31 weeks pregnant so I didn’t want to go near it – I just stayed back and watched.”

Belinda said Sam, 24, a carpenter, was equally shocked at how the snakehad managed to slither into his shoe.

After they discovered the serpent, Sam walked the trainer away from the house before prodding it with a broom to force the animal out.

The snake reared its head and then slithered away at speed towards some bush behind the couple’s home.

Belinda, a stay-at-home mum, added: “Sam was shocked too, he has never seen one like that in a shoe before, or so close to the house.

Pic by Caters News 

“Everyone who has seen the picture has been so shocked and saying they will not be leaving shoes outside the back door anymore.

“We have a box for shoes there, and Sam’s trainer had fallen out of the box.

“Earlier the same day I’d actually asked my son to tidy his gum boots into there – the snake could already have been there at the time.

“We are all still pretty shocked by what happened – and we definitely won’t be leaving shoes outside again.”