Terrifying moment mobile phone explodes in mans pocket while having lunch in restaurant in India

This is the terrifying moment a smartphone exploded in a man’s pocket while he was having lunch at a restaurant in India.

The incident happened on Monday (June 4) in Bhandup in Mumbai, India, while the man was having lunch along with his two friends.

CCTV footage shows the unidentified man jumping off his seat and throwing away the mobile phone as fumes spark from the gadget.

The man can be seen dramatically ripping off his shirt while engulfed in smoke.

The footage shows other people in the restaurant running in panic and confusion.

Nagraj Pujari, the restaurant manager at Bageecha Veg Family Restaurant, said: “On Monday afternoon, around 15 to 20 people were in the restaurant when the smartphone exploded in man’s front shirt pocket.

“He threw away his smart phone immediately.

“When we rushed to him, we could see him in deep shock.”

CATERS NEWS

The man sustained minor injuries due to smartphone explosion and was immediately rushed to a hospital by his friends.

“He had minor injuries on his chest and hand,” Nagraj added.

Earlier in March, a teenage girl from Kheriakani in the eastern Indian state of Odisha, died after her smartphone exploded while she was talking on it.

The teenager received injuries to her hand, chest and leg and was knocked unconscious before being taken to hospital where she was declared dead.