Horrific video shows 12-year-old schoolgirl punched unconscious because she “wore the wrong trainers”
This horrific video shows a 12-year-old girl being beaten unconscious because she “wore the wrong trainers”.
Schoolgirl Katie Morris was first punched unconscious, before being kicked and spat on by her attackers who “didn’t like her trainers”.
When the 12-year-old, from Coalville, Leics, tried to stand up for herself she was thrown into stinging nettles during the attack at Ivanhoe College in Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leics.
Katie was left with concussion and injuries to both her mouth and nose after the attack on June 23 where fellow students just watched without helping.
Her mum, Antonia King, 32, claims the group of schoolgirls had been threatening to attack her for some time, but had never resorted to violence before.
Katie said: “It was horrific I wish it had never happened.
“They’d been bullying me for a while and I’d never said anything back before.
“They said I got my stuff from a charity shop and I’d just had enough.
“I said they got their lives from a charity shop.
“That’s when they started hitting me.
“They grabbed hold of my hair on the field and pulled me to the floor.
“I tried standing up, and when I did they pulled my hair and pushed me back down.
“I tried fighting back but they pushed me into the stinging nettles.
“Then I tried getting up again and they just kept pushing me back down and hitting me.
“I went unconscious and I think I woke up when one of them kicked me in the face – that’s what hurt my mouth and nose.
“I don’t like going out anymore because I don’t like being around people my age. I don’t really know what to do now.”
Antonia informed the school and police but, when no action was forthcoming, resorted to posting footage of the attack, which had been sent to her by a shocked witness, on her Facebook page.
So far, more than 270,000 people have seen the shocking footage, with more than 2,000 commenting and calling for the bullies to be arrested and thrown out of school.
Antonia, a carer, said: “When I got a call from the school saying what had happened my heart dropped.
“Katie had been saying over the weekend that these girls were going to attack her, but you never think it’ll happen.
“When I first saw her, her face was all swollen and her head was covered in bumps.
“It was absolutely awful, but I had to stay strong in front of her.”
Mother-of-three Antonia was told that her daughter had concussion and to wake her up every two hours to make sure she was still conscious.
Antonia said: “She was really nauseous for about 48 hours but she pulled through.
“This has completely knocked her confidence.
“She doesn’t want to play out and – with the summer holidays starting – it’s the worst time of the year.
“One of my friends said she hadn’t seen her playing out and I told her what happened.
“Katie is such a nice girl, she works hard at school and gets good grades.
“Anyone that knows her just can’t understand why anyone would want to do this to her.”
Antonia – who also has a son Brad, seven, and an 18-month-old daughter Lainie-Grace – shared the video in the hope that it will make schools across the country to take bullying more seriously.
She said: “I wanted people to see how disgusting these girls are and posting the video was a call for help really.
“I felt let down and didn’t know where else to turn.
“You see more and more of these videos where young girls are being attacked – it just seems to be more rife.
“I don’t want any more children to suffer – be that my own or any other parents.
“More needs to be done in schools to stop this bullying.”
Despite our best efforts, the school were unavailable for a comment.
Leicestershire Police confirmed the incident was being investigated.
A spokeswoman for the force said: “We are aware that a video of an alleged assault in Ashby has been circulated on social media.
“The video relates to an altercation involving two teenage girls in Ashby on the Tuesday, June 23.
“Both parties have been identified and inquiries are underway into the report.”