They ate what?! Hilarious X-ray competition reveals weirdest things pets have eaten
These adorable pets participated in a hilarious x-ray contest – after each of them ate something particularly weird.
The winner of this year’s ‘TheyAteWhat?!’ contest, announced today [TUES], was a naughty two-year-old English Bulldog named Mojo, from Maryland USA, atea single boot from a doll of Frozen character, Kristoff.
And it wasn’t the first time Mojo had undergone surgery to remove a foreign object from his stomach – as he had also eaten previously a giraffe doll’s head – but thankfully he is now completely recovered.
Runner up in the competition was Mick, a savannah monitor lizard from Trappe, Pennsylvania, USA, who swallowed a whole silver teaspoon while his owner was feeding him with it.
The vet had to use sponge forceps while Mick was under full anaesthesia to remove the spoon, but happily the reptile made a full recovery.
There were also honourable mentions in the contest for a puppy that atea fishing weight even though his owner doesn’t go fishing, a cheeky pup who atea brain from his owner’s doll, and the Shih Tzu that decided her owner had too many Little Ponies – so decided to scoff a few.
Also in the running was adorable Zeus, a rescue puppy from Stillwater, Pennsylvania, who was discovered with 3lbs of laundry, belts with buckles and cotton rope in his stomach, and a 13-year-old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who atea flower-shaped object.
Another entrant who wowed judges was a five-year-old Labrador from Westwood, Kansas, who managed to eat a huge bath towel without choking and without the owner knowing it was missing from their house.
And a seven-year-old cat named Kabuki from Hartland, Wisconsin, had to be taken for gastrostomy after the vets managed to get a rubber lizard out of her stomach – but couldn’t find the lizard’s foot.
The contest also featured a 10-year-old miniature-Schnauzer from Texas who accompanied her owners to their flooring and tile business every day – but got very ill after eating 26 glass tiles.
And a 12-year-old pug from Bellingham, Washington, had 14 quarter coins in her stomach for six months that weren’t even found when she passed through airport security.
Also treated were a six-month-old Golden Retriever who ate 782 stones and Daisy, an eight-month-old Labrador Retriever who ate 24 rocks.