Current job vacancies at our office in Birmingham, West Midlands:
We syndicate stories worldwide, which means we help place stories and pictures in newspapers and magazines across Europe, America, Australia, New Zealand and China. Whether it be Aftonbladet in Sweden, America's New York Post, National Geographic or Spain's daily newspaper El Mundo, publications across the world are keen to print Caters' stories, your stories. We are currently looking for a syndication reporter to join our team, speaking to our international contacts and distributing our content all over the world.
You will need:
- Good telephone manner and an ability to build a rapport with new or existing clients requests from our partners across the globe and international customers.
- Ability to use your own initiative in sourcing stories.
- Ability to write crisp, accurate and eye-catching copy to tight deadlines
- NCTJ qualifications and/or experience at a newspaper is preferred.
- Basic computer skills essential. Image editing skills are a plus.
To apply send your CV and covering letter to Lianne Ryan at: email@example.com
Junior Features Writer
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic first-time journalist to join our successful and friendly features team at Caters News.
This is a great opportunity to:
- Learn from experienced journalists
- Improve news and feature writing
- Build an impressive portfolio of work
- Gain an excellent understanding of how print media works
You will be capable of talking to and interviewing clients, as well as writing insightful and inspirational features. You will possess good writing skills and impressive attention to detail. A confident telephone manner is a must.
The new recruit to our features team will need to demonstrate initiative, work well to deadlines/targets, show ambition and must have a thirst for finding great stories.
All applications, with current CV and salary expectations, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org